Solstice Youth Camp Co-op (SYCC)
A Parent and 3HO Service Exchange Program for Children (3-17 yrs)
Overview and Activities
Solstice Youth Camp Co-op (SYCC) runs for 4 days, starting Tuesday, December 18th and ending Friday, December 21st, for children from 3 – 17 years of age. SYCC is created through the cooperation of parents, guardians, and the SYC Service Exchange Team. This program focuses on and supports the spiritual development of our children and offers techniques for conscious parenting.
Parent Co-op Experience
- Each parent, will select one day of White Tantric Yoga to serve in the Solstice Youth Camp Co-op when you register.
- There are limits on the number of parents needed for each day. If you need to serve on a day and with a group that doesn’t need any more people, please contact [email protected] before registering.
- Parents will also be expected to attend the SYCC Karma Yoga Morning Meetings from 9:15 until 10:15 a.m. during All Camp Karma Yoga Meetings. You will do the tattva meditation, learn about your responsibilities while serving, and check-in with other parents. This is an opportunity to get to know some of the other parents, set up play dates for the days before Tantric, and set up child care trades so you can attend the classes on the non-Tantric days.
- There will be special activities for your children during your karma yoga meeting.
- Location of the SYCC Karma Yoga Morning Meetings will be in the tent directly behind the kitchen every morning at 9:15 a.m.
- We understand that parenting can be stressful at times so we encourage parents to not only come to the SYCC morning meetings but to connect with other parents for support. In addition, for those that feel in need of some private support, Heart-to-Heart is available through Hospitality.
SYCC Karma Yoga Morning Meetings 9:15 – 10:15 am
- All parents must attend
- Have fun learning about yogic parenting
- Parents will have the opportunity to meet other parents and maybe set up some co-op child-sitting during the Non-Tantric days
- Service Exchange participants will be offering yoga and get-to-know-each-other activities and games for children at this time, so bring your kids with you
Overview of Schedule:
- SYCC Parent Karma Yoga Morning Meeting, 9:15-10:15.
- Optional Parent-child program from 10:30–12:00. *Children must be accompanied by a parent!
- SYCC Parent Karma Yoga Morning Meeting, 9:15-10:15.
- Full drop-off day from 9 am-5 pm.
Wednesday-Friday (Tantric Days)
- Parent check-in and child drop-off at 8 am
- Parents are expected to pick up their children immediately after Tantric ends.
What to Bring:
- Each SYCC morning you will bring your child!
- Backpack or sturdy zipped bag full of clothing and other items they will need for the day
- Parent and Child MUST have their badges with them in order to be checked into SYCC
Where to Go:
- Pre-Schoolers 3-4 will check-in at the tent directly behind the kitchen where the SYC Morning Meetings are held
- Children 5-7 will check-in at the TBD
- Youth 8-11 will check-in at the TBD
- Teens 12-17 will check-in at the TBD
- You will be greeted by a SYCC Service Exchange team member
- The greeter will check to confirm what Tantric day you will be serving in the SYCC program.
Children are not on the Solstice diet so there are special meals prepared just for them. A Service Exchange Team prepares fun, nutritious foods and snacks including oatmeal and granola in the mornings, and tofu hotdogs, PB&J sandwiches, burritos and other foods that kids love for lunch and dinner.
Teens will be going on field trips and usually a lunch is packed for them and they have dinner out. Please look at the schedules to see what money, etc. the parents need to provide for these outings.
Parents and guardians need to facilitate the daily care of their children during the non-Tantric days of solstice. This is not hard to do at the Circle F Dude Ranch since they have swimming, boating, and horseback riding. In an effort to assist parents during these days and to help parents with children under 2, we encourage you to use our Winter Solstice Forum. Here you can engage with other parents and talk about things to do and perhaps set up some play dates or child-care trades.
Lifeguard is on Duty at the Sunset Lake Beach from 9:00 a.m to 5 p.m. daily
Children under 12 must be accompanied at the lake by a parent (Ages 12 and up may come to the lake unaccompanied during LIfeguard hours only.)
- LIFEGUARD MAY ASK INDIVIDUALS WHO DISREGARD WARNINGS ABOUT INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR TO LEAVE THE LAKE AREA
- REPEATED VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF EVENT PASS WITHOUT REFUND
The cost for most activities is included in the registration fee. Additional money for dinners and other activities will be required by some programs. Check the SYCC Manual for details. Camp will include the following activities appropriate to each age group: music, arts, crafts, nature studies, ropes fun, martial arts, a trip to a lake, bowling, archery, golf instruction, and daily swimming.
Youth and Teen Policies
- Youth 17 years or under must be accompanied by a parent or acting guardian who is over 25 years of age.
- A Registration and Release Form must be signed for all children between the ages of 2-17 by a parent or acting guardian. Please print, complete, and bring this form with you to Solstice.
- In the event that a youth or teen is accompanied by an acting guardian, parents must sign and have notarized an Acting Guardian Authorization Form. Please print, complete, and bring this form with you to Solstice.
- All youth and teens between the ages of 2-17 must have an Information Form filled out so Team 3HO Foundation is aware of any restrictions or special needs your child may have. Please print, complete, and bring this form with you to Solstice. Youth 17 or under without a parent or guardian will not be allowed entrance into camp.
- If your child has any medical conditions or medically allergies that could result in serious reactions, please fill out this Medical Form so that our First Aid and Children’s Team managers will be aware of these conditions.